I looooove pizza but I don’t like the calories that comes with it. If you want to have a fun and guilt free treat, this alternative is perfect for you! You will get hooked, so don’t say I didn’t warn you, 😉
Here is what you need:
(For the Crust)
1 head of cauliflower
Crushed Red Pepper
Sprinkle of Salt
½ cup vegan “mozzarella” cheese
Grater or food processor
And a bowl
(For the Toppings)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Take the cauliflower and remove the florets from it.
3. Take the florets and either grate or place into a food processor. Do this until it has the texture of sand.
4. Transfer the “sand” into a bowl and place in the microwave for 4 minutes.
5. Remove from the microwave and let cauliflower cool. (This is done so you wont burn your hand in the next step.)
6. Next, place cauliflower in a towel and ring out moisture until the cauliflower is completely dry. (This can be done best in separate batches.)
7. Next after you have the cauliflower pulp, place it into a bowl and add egg, vegan cheese, garlic, basil, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper, pepper and salt.
8. Mix together and roll it into a ball.
9. Grease pizza pan with vegan butter.
10. Place onto pizza pan and press out until it covers the whole pan.
11. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Take the items for the toppings and sauté in a pan with olive oil
13. Take ground turkey and seasonings and cook all the way through.
14. Place the toppings and turkey on top of the cauliflower crust. Top with about 1/4 cup of vegan cheese.
*I took ground turkey and seasoned it with garlic, pepper, and sage to make it taste like real sausage. ;)*
15. Bake until cheese is nice and melted on top.
16. Chow down and enjoy this delicious alternative! Sooooo yummy and guilt free. 🍕